Thursday, February 9, 2012

Remember when....

We are leaving on a jet plane and never looking back!!
We leave at 3:30am to head to the airport for our 6:30am take off.

I will work on updates later - sorry been without internet, phone, heat.. you name it..
We are all ok and excited to be HOME!
Please pray for safe travels, comfortable travels, lots of rest and good attitudes on the planes and while waiting at the airports.
We arrive in OKC tomorrow (Friday) at 9:14pm if you want to come welcome Aliyah and Aaron HOME!

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

 
Don't forget...
If God brought you to it, he will bring you through it!
He doesn't always call the equipped but he does equip those he calls.
He said in the beginning these kids were ours.
He showed us his plan, we followed and now, the reward is great!
We are blessed beyond measure with these kids.
Little did we know the ride we would be taken on when saying "YES" to God in this plan.
Little did we know the great rewards that awaited us too!

Remember when I wrote about the heart to heart I had with God on Ayden's birthday?
How I bawled and pleaded with God to please help us to understand and to know what to do?
Remember when HE asked ME what I WANTED?
Remember when I said, I WANT THEM BOTH.
Remember the butterfly?
(if you  missed this post, you'll want to go back RIGHT NOW and read it so you can know what I'm talking about now - Oct 11, 2011 post)
Well, there is something I didn't share with you about the butterfly.
Why?
Well, because, I'll admit, I didn't want you to think I was crazy.
I didn't want to look stupid if it didn't happen.
In all honesty, I think the truth is I doubted God and what he said to me that day.
I wanted it, but how could this be?
Well, the whole story on the butterfly is this...
Do you remember this picture?
Do you notice the TWO colors on the butterfly?
There is lots of pink.. and just a little bit of yellow.
However, they are one in the same.
They are part of the same whole.
God told me that day that just as the yellow is just a small part of the butterfly, Aaron was a small part of Aliyah, but that they were woven together before time and they would soar together and be home with us as part of our whole.
Part of our family.
Both of them!
I am so happy to say now, looking back that God was true to his word.
He gave us two beautiful gifts that were once just small parts of eachother, siblings by blood, but never met, and yet they were PART of EACHOTHER and now, they are TOGETHER and part of US.
FOREVER!

Remember when... I shared with you those verses when we first started this journey?

Here's a reminder:


13 For I am the LORD your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.
14 Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob,
little Israel, do not fear,
for I myself will help you,” declares the LORD,
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
15 “See, I will make you into a threshing sledge,
new and sharp, with many teeth.
You will thresh the mountains and crush them,
and reduce the hills to chaff.
16 You will winnow them, the wind will pick them up,
and a gale will blow them away.
But you will rejoice in the LORD
and glory in the Holy One of Israel.
17 “The poor and needy search for water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
18 I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs.
19 I will put in the desert
the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set junipers in the wasteland,
the fir and the cypress together,
20 so that people may see and know,
may consider and understand,
that the hand of the LORD has done this,
that the Holy One of Israel has created it.

Isaiah 41:13-20

I have clung tight to these words during this process.
This has not been an easy road.
Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Where there times we thought "how on earth is this going to happen?"
Yes.
Then we remembered what GOD promised and that that is a HEAVENLY realm and a heavenly promise and God's words DO NOT return unto him void!

So, my dear friends, what is God asking you to do?
Does it seem impossible?
Unsurmountable odds?
Unbelievably tall mountains ahead?
JUST. HAVE. FAITH. IN. GOD!

Say YES!
And free fall into this glorious life of faith.
It hasn't always been pretty when we look at our circumstances, but when we keep our eyes on GOD and what HE is doing then we are all ok!

No, this hasn't been easy.
Yes, people thought, and still think, we are crazy for taking this leap of faith to come to UA without knowing WHO we were coming for, HOW we were going to complete it and not having complete funds.
Yet, God is good and his mercy and love endures FOREVER.
God wove our family together in the heavenlies long before we could even imagine it in the earthly realm and we are so grateful that we said YES.
Yes, Lord.

Praise the LORD for his guidance, his watching over us,  his protection, his provision, and his LOVE for Aliyah and Aaron and all of us along the way.
I believe he lived up to his end of the deal don't you think?
Trust me and I will make it known that it is by no other name but the name of Jesus that this could be done!
AMEN!

Thank you Lord for showing yourself strong on behalf of the orphans...
orphan no more...

Tomorrow,
tomorrow,
Aliyah Elizabeth Horner
and
Aaron Michael Horner
will be HOME with their entire family and will step foot on US soil and proudly be
American Citizens.

Remember when I told you their new names?
In case you didn't know, they have significant meaning!
The verses God gave to us to come here inspired Aliyah's name.
And the verses God gave us to keep going and pursue Aaron and Aliyah inspired Aaron's name.
Now, the cool part is God used their Uncle Mark and their Nana to share those names with us.
We were praying and praying for names to have real meaning to us and our children.

I will share with you now..

Aliyah means to rise up.
Boy, is she gonna do that!!!
Aaron means mountain of strength.
What a strong young man he has had to be and will be.

God is great!
I love how his word is alive and well and can speak to us all daily if only we'll take the time to listen, read, and pray.

I thank you for following our journey and I pray that if nothing else, you have seen God work in our lives and on behalf of these kids and that knowing that and seeing that first hand will bring you to a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father.
He loves you, just as he loves these kiddos.
Just as he loves all the orphans, widows, men, women, children, and takes the time to clothe the flowers and birds, he loves YOU!
Take time to get to know HIM today!


Two less...
Two less orphans in the world tonight!



All it takes is 1 family to change the life of an orphan!



Is God leading YOU to foster, adopt, or host?
Pray and ask God what HE would have YOU to do for the cause of the orphan.

In his name,

Alecia



5 comments:

  1. this is amazing and i have followed this journey through the blog. i have never responded til now. as i sit here with tears streaming down my face in happiness for your family GOd is so amazing and faithful thankyou for sharing your journey with all of us.
    Lucinda Keeler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo!!!! This brings tears to my eyes...praising God that you're finally going to be home. I love how He has used you and your family...can't wait to see what else he has in store for you guys!! Love you all....excited to see homecoming pictures!!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome is our God!!! Can't wait for you to get those blessings home. Praying for safe travels.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lord for your provedence and grace and blessings for this family! You are always looking out for each and everyone of your children and guiding us to each other for fellowship and blessings. Thank you for these 2 orphans who were never out of your hands and thank you for sharing them with the Horners and us. May we do our part in guiding them closer to you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this whole thing out loud to my husband as we were driving to our get away, I was a crying mess when I was done. God is soo good even when we don't understand things at time. Your words hit home for so many reasons, so glad you are on your way home with your babies. Been praying so much for you all...

    Well we officially committed to Gods call on our life to adopt...please visit our site.
    www.thesplendiferouslife.com

    Mant blessings...Sherry Puckett French

    ReplyDelete