Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A wish..

Do you realize the opportunity that is before you?
We are all called to care for the orphan.
Have you ever taken that personally?
Have you ever thought, oh, I can't adopt?
How about, I don't want to adopt?
How about, I'm not called to adopt?
Ok, fine, I get that.
What about helping?
You CAN help!
Most WANT to help.
ALL are CALLED to help.
No, I don't mean all are called to adopt.
I mean all are called to help, in one way or another.
We all have the responsibility to help with the orphan.

Some are called to adopt.
All are called to help.
Some can help financially.
Others by praying.
Still others by sharing the need of those in the process.
We all have a part to play.
As part of the body of Christ, we are called to bear one another's burdens.
I realize that it may seem odd to some that we are asking for help, but you know what, I beleive that sometimes, that IS God's plan.
He shows his stregnth in our weakness.
He can work in the willing.
He doesn't always call the equipped.
He DOES equip the called.
How?
By many ways, including using others to help carry the burdens, including financial burdens.

We know beyond a shadow of doubt that God has called us here to adopt these kids.
Circumstances may look bleak at this point due to the financial side of things, but...
My Daddy, The Holy One of Isreal, owns the cattle on a 1,000 hills!
EVERYTHING is His!
This $10,000 is nothing to him.
It is a huge mountain to us.
Is He calling you to help move that mountain?
I've been called to scale it.
We've been climbing, saving, stretching every dollar to pay for every expense we can.
There's an old saying that says: There comes a point when you have done all you can do and then you must trust.  We decided to trust and then do all that we can and now, trust still!
Trust in God.
Trust in HIS plan.
Trust in HIS time.
We are trusting.
We are asking.
Why?
Because, these kids are worth more than my pride in asking for help.

No, I don't have anything fancy to give you in return.
I don't have any special things to auction.
I have my heart.
I have my kid's hearts.
I am laying it all on the line.
We need help to complete these adoptions.
I am asking because, I keep hearing, you have not because you ask not.
We are making the need known.
We are asking.
Will you help?

$10,000 is not that much when we all come together and make it happen.
It's as easy as 100 of you donating $100.
Or 400 of you donating $25.
Or even 1000 of you donating $10.
Every little bit helps.
We are here for the long haul.
We won't give up.
We will keep working.
We will keep contributing our every last dime.
We ask that you help, that you give, that you pray, that you share.

Please.

You can donate through paypal by sending it personal to newhornerfamily@gmail.com so they won't charge us the ridiculously high fees.
You can do a tax deductable donation (it's almost the end of the year!  Own a business? Need a write off?) by going to http://www.umok.org/?page_id=31 and mark it for THE HORNER FAMILY C/O ELI PROJECT.
You can drop off a donation at The Cupcake Lounge.
You can mail it there as well.
There are plenty of ways to help.
These kids need to be brought home to a forever family, to a home, filled with love and laughter.
This is their and OUR Family's wish...
Help us bring them home.

You have an opportunity before you to help save the lives of 2 children and give them a future and a hope.

I sit here in tears as I write this.
There are so many things I could want, that my kids could want, but all they want, all we want is our brother and sister home, safe and sound.
Pray. Give. Share.

Thank you.
From the bottom of my heart, Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. Alecia,

    Thanks for sharing your heart. You are so right where you need to be and God is faithful. Praying for you.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting that the Father who has called you to these children will provide in ways that will take your breath away precious ones! For you are more beloved than the birds of the air, or the lilies in the fields! Praying miracles for your family.
    The Morrows

    ReplyDelete