Friday, November 11, 2011

A little leap of faith...back in Ukraine! November 7/8, 2011

This post is going to be one about faith.
Gut wrenching, tear staining, love in action FAITH.
To tell you that this journey has been easy would be a lie.
To tell you it has not been stressful would be a farce.
To tell you that it was not all worth it...that my friends would be the biggest lie I could tell you.

It has been all worth it.
It will all be worth it.
If you have followed our journey long, and even if you haven't, you can know that those stepping out in faith to do adoptions or any other thing that God calls them to do can be hard.
Scary at times.
Intimidating, yes.
Impossible? No.

 You see, my Bible says that faith without action is dead.  James 2:17.
It also tells me that I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13
It also tells me that if I have even just an ounce of faith, that of a mustard seed, that I can move mountains! Matthew 17:20
It also tells me that I am to trust in HIM and never doubt, that he's going to work it all out!
We used to sing a song in my youth choir I was honored to be a part of that said, "if you trust in HIM, and never doubt, I know that He's gonna work it all out, he's gonna work in your favor!"
Habakkuk 2:1, 3
I will climb my watchtower now, and wait to see what answer God will give to my complaint.
But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day

Now, this is the hard part.
The wait.
We have decided to walk in faith.
To fly in faith.
To GO in faith.
We are praying and trusting God to MOVE THIS MOUNTAIN we call Finances and not only to move it but to blow it to smitherines!!
God gave me Isaiah 41:13-20 and I am holding tight to his promises.

13 For I am the LORD your God
   who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
   I will help you.
14 Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob,
   little Israel, do not fear,
for I myself will help you,” declares the LORD,
   your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
15 “See, I will make you into a threshing sledge,
   new and sharp, with many teeth.
You will thresh the mountains and crush them,
   and reduce the hills to chaff.
16 You will winnow them, the wind will pick them up,
   and a gale will blow them away.
But you will rejoice in the LORD
   and glory in the Holy One of Israel.
17 “The poor and needy search for water,
   but there is none;
   their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
   I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
18 I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
   and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
   and the parched ground into springs.
19 I will put in the desert
   the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set junipers in the wasteland,
   the fir and the cypress together,
20 so that people may see and know,
   may consider and understand,
that the hand of the LORD has done this,
   that the Holy One of Israel has created it

So, here we are.

 On a plane.

 On our way.
 With love in our hearts.
 And smiles on our faces.
Blindly going where we never thought we'd go..
To Ukraine, with no way home.
Yes, we brought all of our children here, with one way tickets.
No return date.
No plans other than God's.
We are here to finish the work he has called us to do.
He said GO.
Now, we have come.
We are now working and watching for God to provide every last dime needed to complete these adoptions and fly home.

God has already shown us that this is what he wanted us to do, so HIS name could be glorified.
So His plan could be done through us.

This is not for show, it is for growth.
It is for obedience.
We are here and commanding that mountain to MOVE!

The afternoon before we left, we opened our mail to find 2 checks that will help with our adoptions as well as we had several other donations come in throughout the weeks we were home.
This has taken our financial need down to $10,000.00.
THANK YOU to those who have supported us in prayer, financially and even just with your kind words!

Thank you Lord for sending us confirmation just when we needed it.
We know you are in control and your plans are higher than our plans and we can't wait to see you work on Aliyah and Misha's behalf!

Please pray for our family.
Please pray that the mountain will be moved.
Pray for us as we continue to pray, Trust and Obey!


1 comment:

  1. Praising God for His faithfulness & the mustard seed of faith He has granted you! My prayers will be with you and I will be watching via here to see His awesome plan for your family unfold! God bless each of you!! In Christ, Sarah Johns

    ReplyDelete