Monday, October 24, 2011

Why are we adopting?

Watch this..


God has called us ALL to care for the widow and the orphans.
We have chosen to follow his call on our lives to adopt these kiddos.
They are important.
They deserve a future filled with love and hope and a family!
They deserve to be brought up in a family that will love them and teach them the ways of God.

We love because we were first loved.
We adopt because we were first adopted.
Yes, we!
YOU, ME, ALL OF US are adopted!
God has accepted us into his family and that my friends is the best gift ever.
The gift of life.
The gift of love.

We need God to provide in so many ways for us to be able to get these kiddos home.
We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has a great plan for Tanya and Misha!
We know that God will provide for each and every need, spoken and unspoken.

We are actively pursuing these kiddos and will not waiver to look to the left or the right at this circumstance or that; but we will remain steadfast and follow the plan God has for our family.

We do have a substancial financial need and that is no secret.
Costs increase the second you have to make additional trips and of course when there is another child added.
We don't believe that this is happening by accident, this situation did not take God by surprise.
He wants us to hold on, remain faithful, fully trusting and obey.

Everyone can do something - whether that is to pray or to give, we can all do something.
Please consider what God would have you to do to help in giving Tanya and Misha a future filled with love from a family.

Tax deductable donations can be made through:

or you can always click the paypal button on the right of this blog to donate.

You can also send donations marked "personal" to avoid paypal fees to newhornerfamily@gmail.com through paypal. 

We truly appreciate all of your prayers and support and are looking forward to seeing God do mighty things in all of our lives as a result of all of our obedience.

Thank you!

On a side note, we have been asked why are you adopting from over seas?
Well, my response to that contains several answers but the most important is that is what God has called our family to do.
Yes, there are kids here in the US that need families.
Yes, we support those adoptions too.
God called us to take care of the orphans period... not jus those fortunate enough to be born in the good ole US of A.
The children of Ukraine and many other countries are not given a chance.
They are not given the same opportunities that orphans or even those in foster care receive here in the US.
They are thrown out on the streets with NOTHING at a VERY young age.
70% of those girls who age out of the orphanage system will end up in prostitution and DIE with in 1 year.
70% of the boys who age out of the orphanage system will end up in drugs and DIE within 1 year.

Another question has been why are you adopting if you can't afford it?
We can afford the kids.
Every family has to go through extreme background and financial checks to show you can financially support these kids.
It is a rare occassion that someone has $25,000 (or more for more kids) just lying in a bank account.
Sure, we could wait and say, oh God, we don't have the money to do that right now, or we can walk in faith and trust that he will provide for what he has called us to do.
We choose the latter.

If everyone waited until they had the money upfront to adopt then many, many more orphans would die, alone, unloved, and forgotten.

We have supported many adoptions in the past before our family was called to adopt ourselves.
We will continue to support adoptions after we are done as well.

The time is urgent and the need is great.
We have 2 weeks before we leave to head back to get our kiddos and we are working and praying and trusting for every dime to come in.

Food for thought..
People finance cars they can't afford everyday.
People buy homes on credit everyday.
People eat lunch and buy gas on credit everyday.
People fundraise for schools, sports, church and more.
We are raising money for two precious lives....
Priorities.


14 comments:

  1. ... And some people purchase kids they cannot afford. Or rather, attempt to get others to pony up for them to have the privileges of doing so. Despite appalling corruption associated with international adoptions.

    Save up, pay for it yourself!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was completely harsh! I'm not one for confrontation and I think we as caring individuals need to get back to that old saying "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"! You guys keep on trusting in the Lord and let the Lord handle the nay sayers! Everyone may not agree with everything another does, but lift that person up in prayer don't shoot them down in condemnation. The Lord is their guide not us. Excited to meet your new additions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alecia you and your adorable and GROWING family are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Oaklee our (adopted miracle) also prays for them. I cannot even begin to tell you how much we agree with your decision. This was said so perfectly, "Every family has to go through extreme background and financial checks to show you can financially support these kids.
    It is a rare occassion that someone has $25,000 (or more for more kids) just lying in a bank account.
    Sure, we could wait and say, oh God, we don't have the money to do that right now, or we can walk in faith and trust that he will provide for what he has called us to do.

    We choose the latter.


    If everyone waited until they had the money upfront to adopt then many, many more orphans would die, alone, unloved, and forgotten."

    It's something I wish others could fully embrace and understand. And 25,000 is just the beginning. Our DOMESTIC adoption was close to 50,000 after fighting birthfathers, etc.

    With all of this being said I love your blog, I love your updates, and I canNOT wait to see where you are in 2 weeks. I feel God pulling at our heart strings to adopt again. However our first child was born addicted to drugs and alcohol so we are trying to get his health as close to 100% before we move forward. We also do not have a clear sight on which direction to go yet....God's humor amazes me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are completely right that people go out every day and finance cars, get mortages on their homes, and buy things on credit. You hit the nail on the head. But where you are wrong is to compare this to asking for money to support YOUR adoption. Next time I want to buy a car can I count on your to make a contribution to my down payment? Or should I just send you a letter when my montly payment is due? Or would you prefer I just make you feel bad when you do not want to contribute to my brand new Mustang convertible. Don't get me wrong, I think adoption is WONDERFUL. God does call us to call on us to help those that are less fortunate, but I do not believe that means you should go out and ask everyone to pay for your adoption. But next time I decide to have my own kid, I'll be sure to ask for you to support me and my family and maybe chip in with hospital costs. God does call on us to procreate and expand our family you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments. The point was to show that many people fundraise for many causes. Many people also put "things" ahead of lives. If you feel bad about reading my posts about adoption and fundraising for adoption then that is something to think about. The point was that many people willingly support many fundraising causes including childrens sports teams, girl scouts, boy scouts, PTA fundraisers and even things like Cancer research or memorial funds. These are all great causes and the sad thing is that most don't think twice about supporing those, yet that same person will throw a fit and riot about people like myself that fundraise to pay for adoption expenses. I will continue to do what God has called me to do. I will also pray. I will pray for you. I will pray that God will open your eyes and your heart to what it really means to love. I will pray that you will understand what it is to be a part of the family of God and what our calling is to care for the widows and the orphans. I will pray that God will change your lives and bless you. I pray that you have a wonderful day. I pray that God will bring healing to your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alecia,
    What you are doing is amazing! I am inspired every time I read your blog or go into your business! You are an encouragement to me and many others and I thank you for your honesty and openness to share your experience. Keep your eyes upon Jesus. If you weren't doing something right, there would be nothing for them to persecute you for! ;)
    God bless and keep you and your family,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't figure out how to email you. I'm totally non confrontational, but I wanted to tell you that I disagree w/ the negative comments you've received on here. My family & I are praying for you as we are going through our own adoption as well.
    Know that persecution comes when we are in the center of God's will. Let those comments slide off of you like water off a ducks back.

    Love you sister in Christ,
    Mary Morrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alecia,

    Love this post. Have loved following your story. I really can't believe how nasty people can be. You are sooo doing the right thing. Can't wait until you get back to Ukraine and we get to see more pictures of your kiddos.

    God Bless,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alecia,
    I have been following your posts. My family is so excited to see your family grow! We have been working towards adopting an older child also, and it has been enlightening to read your personal experiences.
    As for the negative comments, I am admittedly a bit curious what exactly that person has to gain by anonymously bashing someone. ? I also pray this person finds more peace, love and joy.
    I look forward to seeing more of your story.
    God's richest blessings to you and to your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JESUS PAID IT ALL to adopt us. If you have to pay for this for the rest of your lives, I'd say that is money well spent. You know where your real treasure lies.

    It is so easy to judge those who are going through the adoption process, when you are sitting pretty in your cozy, warm home, full of love and family.

    It is no prideful thing to ask for help. Nobody wants to do that. But...BUT, when you have gazed into the eyes of those who face almost certain death/abuse/destruction, pride goes out the window. If my child had cancer, I would not hesitate to ask for help with the medical bills. That is my child's LIFE. I would be willing to push aside all pride, and ask for help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ignore the lies. Keep your eyes on Truth.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry that you've received negative comments on this post, but I want to remind you of the truth...God calls us to care for orphans. Sometimes, He calls one family to adopt and other families to provide the finances for them to do so. Continue on your journey and all the best to you. Adoption has been a huge blessing in our life and I really want to encourage you that it is worth the wait, the cost, the stress, the paperwork, the uncertainties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree completely with you. We are all called to take care of the widows and orphans. Some are called to bring them in their homes, some are called to financially support those who do. How dare someone compare buying a car and asking for someone else to pay with a member of THE church asking for financial help to do what we are ALL called to do. Alecia, you are simply giving us an opportunity to obey, though we may not have been called to take these children into our own homes. I only wish we could do more than we have. Praying for you on your trip and I can't wait to meet the two newest members of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm, why do those see such negativity? Alicia I commend you for being so brave and to contribute to life in such a positive, productive style. You are truly a unique and loving human being, part of this great big place in the life we live now. How wonderful it must be. I am so thankful for people like you. Asking for support in financial ways to support another who really just wants the same opportunities as the rest is not asking very much. I'm sorry there are some who are so callus and find a way to be callus. Never, ever defend or explain what is right for you and the love you have for life. I am so happy for you! Thank you for being a human being and part of this life. I am humbled and proud to know their is someone like you in my lifetime!

    ReplyDelete