Thursday, November 3, 2011

October 14, 2011 Craft time!

I know, it has been a bit since I posted and for that I appologize.
Unfortunately, I am human.  I let people get to me.
My heart is open and that means it is vulnerable to pain and unfortunately, there are people that like to inflict such pain.

I have had my time to calm down, to cry, to be angry, to try to understand and now, I'm done.
I'm moving on and will continue to do what God has called me to do.
REGARDLESS of ANY hateful comments here on this blog, on my facebook or through any other avenue those hateful people might choose to use.
I don't need your negativity and I won't allow it to affect me any further.
I will pray for you and you can deal with God on your choices.

Now, on to more important things..

My girl!
This post is from October 14, 2011.

On the way to the orphanage we had to do our daily stop for gas, Bryan and I ran in to grab a snack for the road and he saw these princess books.
We know Lexi loves princesses and books so we thought Tanya might enjoy them too.
She did too!
She loved it.
You should have seen her eyes light up when we showed them to her.


A few days ago when we were walking around SDA, we got this little babushka doll set that came with watercolors and a brush.
I thought it would be fun for her to do this and special for us to keep as memories of Ukraine as she is growing up.
She really is so artistic!
She had a great time painting her dolls.
She carefully and skillfully painted each stroke and designed 3 lovely dolls.


The smallest one that goes on the inside of the other two she painted a bright yellow with red hair.



This picture is of the largest one that goes on the outside before she started on it.
We thought after she started that it would be a good idea to have before and afters so there you go..

She is such a good painter!
I love all the colors she used; so bright and happy.

After we finished painting we headed to her classroom to visit with all her friends for a bit.
It was such a sight to see, they all had yarn today.
Everyone was either trying to make those necklaces or knit or crochet.
LOVE IT!
Sad thing, I couldn't remember how on earth to start knitting.
I just couldn't remember no matter how hard I tried.
It just turned out in a big curly string of yarn! ha!
The kids got a kick out of me trying and it not working over and over.
So, Tanya thought she'd try.
Yeah, we didn't knit today.


See what is on the wall in her classroom??
A BUTTERFLY!
Thank you Jesus!
Everyday that we come and everyday it gets rough and I start to doubt, he sends me a butterfly.

Thank you Lord for my butterfly, Tanya!

We played around with the yarn a bit more and then it was time to head out for the day.

We had to stop by the store on the way home to grab a few things for a salad we wanted to make for dinner with Svetta and as I've told you before, these stores can be quite the adventure in themselves.

If you've been around long, you've seen my posts about how the stores have liquor and cigarrettes right out in the open at the grocery stores.
There is no such thing as a liquor store, it is in the grocery store.
Well, they apparently have other things right out in the open too..
At the register..
The irony behind the layout of this is hilarious to me..


Well, if THESE don't work.. maybe you should get THIS...


ROFL!
I saw it and immediately cracked up laughing.  I called Sasha over to make sure that was what I thought it was and he said the same thing... if it doesn't work, you have the alternative there!
Oh my word!

I showed Bryan after I had verified it and he and I were rolling in laughter.
The cashier thought we were insane I'm sure!

Oh well, it was funny!

Laugh or cry.

I choose to laugh.

Snickers anyone?

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what someone could have said about your journey that would upset you. I don't doubt they did or your words, I just can't imagine what someone would have to say that's negative about your recents posts or blogs. I've found you very encouraging and I find what ya'll are doing amazing, not to your own glory, but to God's. I'm sorry someone made you upset or said nasty things. That's aweful. :( We are about to embark on our own adoption journey so know there ARE ppl out there reading and enjoying your blog ok?! And most of all, praying you get your girl and her brother. ;) Deanna Keese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back!! I love reading about your journey! :) My family is still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I do not know you but I have been to the Cupcake Lounge and following your families amazing journey!! I am so sorry to hear that people are being rude and negative, I was raised that if I did not have anything nice to say I should not say anything!! I love reading your blog and have been praying for you and your family. I think it is a beautiful story and what you are doing is amazing!! Please know that there are many praying for you and can't wait to hear more!! You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alecia,

    So glad to see your new post, especially the one picture. Keep your head up and your heart open because you are so doing the right thing.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete