Wednesday, October 12, 2011

day 4 at the orphanage

Day 4 at the Orphanage

Monday, October 10, 2011

After all of the excitement and emotions of yesterday, today was a totally different visit.

It was a tough visit for all of us.

Partly, I’m sure because of the stressors of Sunday’s meeting with Grandpa and partly because it was just boring!

We had literally nothing to do!

Sasha had gone to meet with the director for a bit and left us with Tanya in her room that is void of any proof that children live there other than the stuffed animals stacked neatly on the bed.

We sat and tried to talk but of course it is still so akward at this point for either of us to really figure out what the other is saying. It was rainy and cold outside so that was not an option.
So, we took more pictures!

The other kids were no where to be found and we had nothing with us to play with.

What now?

If Sasha were here now we could at least talk about things, right now we cannot communicate in any real fashion at all.

I had to think quick, what else could we do with no toys, no colors, no paper, nothing?

Hmm, how about the game we play with repetitive motions of clapping your hands together in different ways? HA! I have no idea what to call it other than patty cake but it was not the baby kind! LOL

Anyway, you get the picture…

She taught me a way she does it and I taught her a way I know and then we taught Daddy.

She enjoyed this; but it can only entertain a 9 year old for so long.. or parents for that matter!

Boredom was back, but Sasha wasn’t.

We decided to head out to find her class and on the way I picked a flower and put it behind her ear.

Of course, I had to snap a picture of my princess!
She looks a little sleepy too.
We could not find the kids where they usually are so we decided to find Sasha.

We found him in the directors office where we explained that it is very boring in the room with nothing to do and no one to help us translate so we asked if we could have some crayons and paper or even just pencils.

“Dah, dah” the director said as she went of to get some markers and a book for Tanya to color in.

We sat and colored in her office for little bit and Tanya had to go eat. When she got done we went back to her room with the notebook and markers in hand so we could color and talk some more.

We played a few games of tic-tac-toe which was fun.

Tanya was very quiet this visit, not like normal.

I can only imagine what she must be feeling and thinking.

How torn she must be with the choices she is having to make.

Choices a child should never have to make.

We hugged and kissed each other see you later for the day.

We also met with the inspector today and tried to get more info on brother.

Brother is a half sibling, they have the same biological mother.

Grandpa that comes to visit Tanya is bio dad’s dad, so no connection to little brother.

We asked about what we can do next to proceed and of course, since we are the first case under the new law no one is sure how to proceed. They decide that there needs to be a committee meeting to discuss our case and come to a conclusion as to how to proceed.

This committee meeting should take place no later than Friday of this week.

So, yet again, everything is up in the air.

We fall freely in the air and trust that God is going to catch us…


  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about the next free fall when we see you in Kiev on Thursday! I think I already gave you my number.

  2. I just want you to know I have been watching and waiting for the new posts so I know more specifically how to pray for your situation. What a story of faith you already have and what a blessing that story has been to me and many others. Can't wait to see what God continues to do for your growing family!