Saturday, January 1, 2011

First day of the new year! Happy New Year 1-1-11

Today was a boring day for us and for you as far as the blog goes!
We didn't go anywhere or really do anything other than lounge!
I suppose that is what you do when you are up all night with 4 kids.
I know you all look forward to pictures though so here are a few for you..

Adrian being goofy rolling his eyes back

Ayden hiding from the camera... 

Austin playing Uno and now his gaze frozen on the TV which was playing Shrek in russian I believe. 

Lil Lou Lou striking a pose. 

Austin realizing I was taking pictures and caught him not smiling. 

Ayden still trying to hide from the camera and holding onto my leg as I walked around.
He is crying here b/c we just realized we have no water to make him his "oakmeal".
Oh we can use milk!
Oooh no milk either..
Poor guy!
All the stores are closed here b/c of it being Jan 1.
Bryan and the older boys went earlier to try to get some things but no luck. 

I was even trying to be crazy with the pics.. notice they are angled!?!
Check that out..
BOREDOM HAS SET IN!
HA HA HA
Bryan watching / listening to some football. 

Austin being silly for the camera. 

Adrian not looking at the camera for me. ha
Some movie was on again.. 

My princess.. 

Adrian was ready for bed tonight boy!
We were on the webcam with my parents and he was waving bye and telling us he wanted his bed out.
So, here he is making his bed. 

You KNOW this child ain't asleep!
But she wanted to "attend" she was asleep for the picture.
Silly girl!


That's about all I have for today as far as life went for us.
We ate, played, ate, played, relaxed, played, ate, talked, practiced English and writing, some sight words games and then more playing and eating and relaxing and now, everyone is in bed.

Fireworks are still going off outside.
Too bad we can't see them.
Just hear the loud booms followed by the sirens of car alarms.

We are hoping to be able to get Adrian's birth certificate on Tuesday and then apply for his passport on Wednesday and hop on the train that night.
Their Christmas holiday is Thursday and Friday so we'll have to pray they process it super quick and get it on the train to us Saturday.
From there we have to do more paperwork at the US Embassy and other stuff I'm sure I don't even remember.. we do one day at a time here!
Then from there..
HOME!

Please continue to pray over the airfare situation.
It has spiked!
By spiked, I mean, it has more than TRIPLED in cost per ticket to get home.
We are praying and trusting that God will take care of this one way or another.
If you would like to help with the costs of the airfare please click the links on the sides of the blog or the picture that says help bring Sergiy home and you can do so.

Well, that's really all I have for now, sorry it was so boring.

Oh here's something for you...

TOP 10 things we take for granted..
in no particular order..

1. JUMBO size washer AND Dryer
2.  OVEN
3. Fast food restraunts on every corner
4.  Clean drinking water from the tap or the fridge
5.  Being able to speak to anyone in our own language and to understand one another.
4.  Church
3.  Toys
2.  Cars
1. Closeness to Family and Friends

Things I miss the most right now..
again, no particular order..

1.  Chick-Fil-A
2.  Dr. Pepper
3.  My dogs
4. CHURCH
5.  Our kids from Sunday School
6.  Family & Friends
7.  Chips and Salsa
8.  Baking
9.  Salad
10.  English

Things I am most grateful for right now..

1.  Skype
2. Facebook
3.  Amazon.com Kindle for PC
4.  Nintendo DS
5.  A Washer that works
6. Milka (chocolate they have here)
7.  Family and Friends
8.  A camera that works and is easy to download
9.  Blogger
10.  GOD being in control and choosing us!

I'm sure there are other things we take for granted, miss and are thankful for and we could go on and on about them.  Those are the ones that come to mind now.

We are THANKFUL for YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for you, that you chose to listen to God's heart for the orphan. Just does my heart good. Hugs

    ReplyDelete