Sunday, January 16, 2011

3 more days..... Jan 16, 2011

We have the passport!
Well, WE don't but Sasha does!!

This means we can now go on Tues to the Embassy and get his VISA and then we are off on Wednesday morning as long as there are still tickets available!!

We have emailed to get them if they are still available we should know tomorrow!
We just hung out at home and played lots of games today and rested.
We also watched Tarzan.

Bryan and I talked last night about trying to start adjusting to the time difference and we are actually doing it w/o even really trying already!
We have been getting up later and taking later naps as well as it is oh about 10pm here and the kids are all still up! 

We are hoping the jet lag will be better coming home since it will be late and we'll be tired when coming off the plane so we HOPE we'll be able to adjust quickly.

Of course, we'll be super excited to be home and see everyone and our dogs so I'm sure it will be an EARLY morning bed time for us! lol

The excitement about home hasn't really hit b/c of the numerous times we've planned on a date that until we have tickets it won't hit.

I have done a lot of reading here both the Bible as well as other books. 
I have read some great books that you should check out!
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
This book is about a 4 year old boy that went to heaven and came back.
True story.

Another great one I've read is Crazy Love by Francis Chan
This book has really challenged me and has me really thinking and praying and hopeful for what is next for our family. 

I have really been convicted about how I am living my life in my comfort zone.
I know that we are here for a higher purpose than self gratification and self preservation and I am feeling extremely convicted about how I have chosen to live my life.

I have to ask myself if I have made an eternal impact today?
What have I done to make a difference in the world today?
What am I doing with the things God has blessed me with?

I believe those are questions we all should seek the answers to and change so that our lives are pleasing to God.  Especially considering he is the ONLY one who matters.

I want to be the best me that I can be for God.

I want to be used of him and I want to make a difference in this world for HIM.

I can't help but think, it's not enough.
What I'm doing is not enough.

God wants everything.
God deserves my everything!

He has always and will always demand us fully.. not just the leftovers or scheduled in "dates" on Sunday morning or Wednesday night.

What am I doing right now that requires faith?
Would my life look ANY different if I didn't believe in Christ?

Hard questions that I must answer for myself.

Just thought I'd share what is on my heart and mind today.



2 comments:

  1. Have you read Radical by David Platt? Along with that one I loved was A Hole in our Gospel by Richard Stearns. Stearns book in incredible. Can't wait until your on your flight home. Have the prices dropped at all? Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read most of it but left it at the house when we came here so have to finish it. Haven't heard of A Hole in our Gospel.. will have to check that out. They have dropped significantly but are a bit higher than normal right now. We are awaiting a response on the availablility for our flights on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete