Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We have been SUBMITTED!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!


We have been submitted!
We have been submitted!
We have been submitted!

Ok, Alecia, you are OBVIOUSLY excited about this - what on earth does it mean to the rest of us??

Being submitted in an international adoption means this-
ALL your paperwork is DONE that is needed to get you THERE!
ALL we are waiting on is our notification of our SDA appt which determines our travel date.

SDA appt is our appointment in country where we get to meet our children and start the finalization process over there for our adoptions!! 

I know there is a lot of strange terms involved in this but the jist of it is that we are on the COUNTDOWN to leaving!!  We are just waiting for our travel date...

Oh and $21,625.00

Of which includes the Facilitator bill - $13,355.00 - can YOU help us?

*Why is that so much?? What does the Facilitator do?


The facilitator is the person that walks you thru the adoption process. He takes care of a translator for us, transportation arrangements, housing arrangements, court papers, copies, meetings and visitations for us.. they schedule and handle all of our affairs while in country as well as make sure we get the right children and get everything completed!

We also need help to pay for :

Airfare Budget: $6000.00

Visa for both Adrian and Ava $800

Medical exams for Adrian and Ava $200.00

Passports for Adrian and Ava $600.00

Immigration i600a papers for Ava - $670


ALL of these needs have to be met to complete our adoptions. 

What is our estimated travel time as of now??

3 to 5 weeks

When will you KNOW for sure your travel date?

Within 2 weeks!!!

Can you wait??

Well, we have to but really  - NOOOOOOOOOO  We are so excited!!!

Do you have any other events coming up that we can help spread the word about?

Why, yes, YES we do!!

Van's Pig Stand is donating 10% of all the sales on the following dates and locations -

SPREAD THE WORD!!


Van's in Moore
516 SW 4th St
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 9, 2010
ALL DAY


and

Van's in Norman
320 N. Porter
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2010
ALL DAY

We also have Gourmet Popcorn for sale - hoping to close that out this week - waiting on a few people that are taking orders at work - if you haven't ordered yet and want some of this yummy goodness (GREAT Christmas present for a family) Let me know!! :) You can scroll down to the previous post POPCORN GET YOUR POPCORN for all the details, flavors and pricing.

We still have a few bags of suckers left! 
You can buy them or help sell them!
If you have some out and need more let me know!


You can save your spare change over the next week or two and donate that - it ADDS UP!!

You can decide as a family to "adopt" our children for Christmas- instead of a gift, take what you would have spent buying a gift for them and donate it to help bring them home.

You can get your MOPS group or Bible study group or Lifegroup to come together and "adopt" our family to help us adopt our children. 

We still have several ADOPT t shirts for sale - S-XL are $15 and XXL and up are $17
We ARE GOING TO PLACE a child's size order BUT NEED MORE orders to get the cost where we need it to be.  We can't afford to order just 2 or 3 of them.  Get your whole family t shirts!!

Remember that what you do to help save these kids will be a gift of LIFE to them.

Will YOU help the least of these....

Matthew 25:34-45

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’



37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’



40“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’



41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’



44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’



45“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’






No comments:

Post a Comment